Curb appeal is important. Whether you’re planning on staying in your home for a long time or getting ready to sell, a nice looking, well-maintained house shows others that you care about your property. You may hear neighbors, family and friends talking about all the home projects they want to tackle next, but what about you? If residential painting in Pensacola, FL is on your to-do list, then the following is for you.
Below are some easy exterior updates that can help boost your home’s curb appeal:
- Paint the front door: The front door is the first thing you and your visitors see when coming up the walkway. In fact, everyone who enters your home will walk through your front door and see it up close for a few seconds. If your front door paint is faded, chipped or scratched, that’s what visitors will see. A damaged or worn door looks uncared for, while a fresh coat of paint can enhance the appearance of your home and make your door stand out in a good way.
- Paint house trim: Your home’s exterior trim not only provides a wonderful accent, but also helps to shield the structure from the elements. For trim to do its job effectively, it must have a layer of quality paint over it. Paint protects the trim against the weather year round, as do painted window shutters. With a fresh coat of paint, trim and shutters look like new again, while also blocking the wood or other building materials from the harsh sun, moisture, heavy rain and strong winds.
- Pressure wash surfaces: To maintain interior painting in Pensacola, FL, the pros recommend cleaning walls as soon as you find marks. However, the outside of the house can be a bit trickier to clean. Over time, the outside of your home gets pelted with dirt and debris, and sometimes taken over by mold and mildew. Luckily, many exterior surfaces on residential properties can be pressure washed either by you or a professional. Make sure the surface you want to clean is pressure washer safe, unless your goal is to strip paint in preparation for repainting.
- Touch up railings and decks: There are other features of your property that need your attention from time to time. Besides repainting and touching up the paint on siding and trim, updating the paint on wrought iron railing and wooden decks is also encouraged. Check railings and decks for peeling paint and schedule a time to sand and repaint. It’ll be a breath of fresh air for your property.
- Refinish the siding: The most noticeable exterior feature of many homes is the siding. The siding protects your home from the elements and sets the overall tone for how your home looks. Whether you have wood or vinyl siding, you can bring your home’s exterior back to life with a good washing and fresh coat of paint.
For more information about interior and exterior residential painting services in Pensacola, FL, call the team at Fresh Start Painting Inc. today!
Categorised in: Painting