Is your New Year’s resolution to update your home? Many homeowners are already thinking up new ways to freshen up their home’s interior. The start of a new year is the perfect time to spruce up the place. But you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on an extensive kitchen renovation to make a difference. A fresh coat of paint is an effective and affordable way to bring new life to a worn-out space. You could go big by repainting the exterior or just spice up one room with an accent wall. Even a small update—like touching-up high traffic areas or repainting the baseboards—can make a big impact.
Below are six paint projects to transform your home this new year. Contact a painter in Pensacola, FL if you’d like some help!
- Add an accent wall: This small project can make a huge difference in an otherwise bland space. An accent wall creates a focal point in the room. Choose a shade that complements the existing color scheme, or opt for a bold hue that will make a statement. Best of all, you only have to paint one wall!
- The kitchen: The kitchen is one of the first rooms you see in the morning. Start the day off right by stepping into a kitchen that evokes feelings of happiness. Swap out the bland white for a rich terra cotta or a muted blue. A vibrant yellow will greet you with happiness every morning. Regardless of which color you choose, a color update will keep things fresh.
- Exterior painting: This one is a surefire way to dramatically increase your home’s curb appeal and restore its beauty. A professional painter in Pensacola, FL can upgrade the exterior with a new coat of paint. They can also paint the decks, railings, shutters and any other outdoor accents. This is one home improvement project that will really pay off in 2019.
- Touch up high-traffic areas: Peeling paint or scuffed walls can make an entire room look dated and neglected. Touch up any scratches, nicks, marks and dents in high-traffic areas. Pay special attention to hallways that might have taken a beating during the holidays.
- Guest spaces: Were the guest bathroom and bedroom hit hard during the holiday hustle and bustle? Rid the space of the holiday blues with a fresh coat of paint. Consider the warm and inviting shade of hazelnut, which will lighten up a room lacking natural light. A lilac-based gray will create a stylish space that’s guaranteed to help guests feel calm and relaxed.
- Inject hints of color: Nothing makes a home feel more alive than a surprising kick of color or pattern. Add an unexpected touch of personality to a light space by painting the closet door a bold shade, or upgrade boring white cabinets with a modern, statement-making black reminiscent of something you’d see in a home design magazine.
It doesn’t matter whether you choose to freshen up your home with the new year or in six months—choose the top painters in Pensacola, FL at Fresh Start Painting Inc. to tackle the project. Give us a call today for a free quote or to learn more about our services!
Categorised in: Painting