The best thing about owning your own home is getting to do whatever you want with it. You can invest in something as complex as a room addition or as simple as paint to dress up your home’s interior. The latter project is a small, yet noticeable change you can enjoy every day. Don’t be afraid to boldly paint the walls, ceilings and even pieces of furniture to create a space that reflects your personality and tastes. If you don’t like it later, paint over it! No matter what, the key to making your home uniquely yours is to incorporate your personal style into it as much as possible.
How can you use paint to show off who you are? Let’s take a look at some of the ways interior painting in Pensacola, FL can help you express your style:
- Paint the walls: When you think of painting your house, the first thing that pops into most people’s minds are the interior walls. If there’s a certain color you like, and you plan on living in the house for a while, be brave and use that color, even if it feels a little risky! Alternatively, stick with a fresh neutral color if you plan to sell soon.
- Paint the ceiling: Another interior feature that looks good painted anything but white is your ceilings. Try red, orange, green or blue. Adding a pop of color to a ceiling while keeping the walls a neutral color is a trend that gets more popular every year. A painted ceiling is not as noticeable as painted walls, but it’s able to make a statement without overwhelming the room.
- Paint an accent wall: If you like the idea of adding just a splash of paint to a room, then an accent wall may be right for you. Essentially, you choose a section of wall to accent with paint rather than the entire wall space. Homeowners use accent walls to highlight certain areas or features with blocks of color, including fireplaces, built-in shelves, bar sets, artwork and wall-mounted televisions. Many people choose to paint accent walls themselves, but you can always consult an experienced interior painter for ideas.
- Paint cabinets: Kitchen and bathroom cabinets are not limited to certain paint colors. What you should do is decide the best color options to match your space. For example, while it’s common to see white cabinets paired with black stone countertops, why not use colors that speak to your unique style? Gray and navy blue work well together, or go bold by choosing to paint your kitchen cabinets red.
- Paint furniture: Here’s something you may not have thought of: painting your furniture. This can really liven up the pieces you use every day in the spaces inside your house. Painting furniture like an end table, bookshelf, dresser or dinner table in bright colors is a different kind of project idea for folks who may not be keen on painting their walls.
For more information about interior painting in Pensacola, FL, don’t hesitate to contact the team at Fresh Start Painting Inc. Reach out to us anytime with questions or to schedule a service!
Categorised in: Painting