What’s on your spring cleaning checklist this year? Do you plan to purge the attic? Revamp your landscaping? Clean the gutters? Don’t forget another important task: residential painting in Pensacola, FL.
Spring is the perfect season to give your home a fresh coat of paint. You might be surprised at what a difference it can make in the appeal and value of your home. As you make your list for this spring, be sure to add paint prep and completion to the itinerary. Here’s everything you should include:
- Landscape prep: Are you planning to clean up your landscaping to prep for new growth this spring? Be sure to trim with your paint job in mind. Cut back any trees and bushes that could interfere with your painting project or that might cause damage to the fresh coat.
- Furniture prep: Do you have any outdoor furniture? Give these items a thorough cleaning to prep them for this season’s use. Then, move them away from the house to make room for painting.
- Accessory prep: Have you attached any décor to the home? Bird feeders, wind chimes and other accessories should be removed to prepare for your painting project. While you’re at it, clean these items. A bit of polishing can go a long way toward making chimes and other outdoor décor look new again.
- Utility prep: When you’re ready to begin your residential painting in Pensacola, FL, turn off the sprinkler system and the air conditioning. This can also remind you to schedule your spring tune-up of your HVAC system.
- Car prep: Where do you usually park your vehicles? To protect them from paint splatter, park them in the garage or across the street while you paint your home. If there’s no room in the garage for the cars, you may want to add garage cleaning to your spring checklist.
- Pet prep: Before you begin painting, make a plan for your pets. They should be kept inside during the painting project.
- Siding prep: Before a fresh coat of paint is applied, the surface should be properly prepped. Power washing is often a good choice to help remove dirt and debris. Scraping off any old, flaking paint may also be necessary. Fortunately, the spring weather is ideal for this outdoor work.
- Permission prep: Is your home part of an HOA? Are you in a historic district? Before you choose your colors or begin your painting project, find out if there are any restrictions on the colors or style of paint you can use on your home. You may need to get approval from a board before you proceed.
Are you ready to freshen your home this spring with residential painting in Pensacola, FL? Fresh Start Painting Inc. offers interior and exterior painting, pressure washing, drywall repair and more. Our team brings more than 20 years of experience to every project. Family owned and operated, we take pride in every job, big or small. Contact us today to get started on your spring residential painting in Pensacola, FL.
Categorised in: Painting