Should You Hire a Professional or Paint Your Home Yourself?
The really enthusiastic DIY homeowners prefer to tackle any job by themselves instead of hiring a professional to handle the project for them. But when it comes to interior painting in Pensacola, FL, is doing it yourself really the best bet? That depends—there are benefits to both approaches. Continue reading to learn a little more about DIY painting vs. hiring a professional crew to paint your home.
Benefits of DIY
If you’re a true DIY-er, interior painting might be right up your alley! Here are a couple of DIY benefits:
- Potential savings: The number one reason homeowners paint by themselves is that it’s a whole lot cheaper! All you need to pay for when you DIY is the materials (rollers, brushes, paint, etc.). Depending on the painting contractor you choose and the size of your job, you could wind up saving yourself a few hundred bucks.
- Self-satisfaction: For some folks, there’s no better feeling than looking up at a completed home improvement project. If this sounds like you, maybe DIY painting is the right choice in your case. You’ll be amazed at how you can transform the look of a room by yourself with a new coat of paint.
- Creative control: You can tell the painter what type of paint to use, but you don’t have much control beyond that. If you want to do a fun design or mural on the wall, you’ll have to do it yourself or find an artist to handle it for you.
Reasons to hire a pro
Your other option when it comes time to repaint your home is to hire a professional. Here are a few reasons why that might be the best route to go:
- Save time: One could argue that time is just as valuable as money. If you believe that’s true, hiring a painting contractor is well worth it! Painting certainly isn’t the most time-consuming task, but it can take at least a few hours, especially if you do the job correctly from start to finish. Instead of spending your weekend painting, just hire a pro to tackle the job for you!
- Expert knowledge: Interior painting in Pensacola, FL is much more than just slapping a coat of paint on a wall. There can be quite a bit of prep work involved beforehand, like taping, priming and even sanding. A professional will be diligent and take all of these critical steps to ensure a long-lasting finish.
- No mess: Trust us—the last thing you want is to spill paint all over your flooring and furniture. When you hire our pros, you can rest easy knowing that we’ll lay down plenty of protective tarps to ensure that there’s no spillage. After we’re finished, we’ll clean everything up so it’ll be like we were never even there.
If you choose to hire a pro instead of painting your home by yourself, be sure to choose Fresh Start Painting Inc. We specialize in both exterior and interior painting in Pensacola, FL, and we guarantee you’ll be satisfied with the results.
Categorised in: Painting