Interior Paint Colors That Will Make a Small Room Look Bigger
June 2, 2021
If your home or apartment is more cramped than cozy, you might be looking for ways to make the space look and feel bigger. One of the easiest ways to accomplish this goal is to make smart use of paint. Certain paint jobs and colors will open up your space to make it seem larger and more inviting. Here are some of our favorite paint ideas that will help make a small room look larger in Pensacola, FL:
- Purple: When you have a small room, the temptation is often to paint it in light colors to make it seem bigger. That can work, of course—but you’re missing out on an opportunity to go bold. Smaller rooms are particularly great for bold colors like purple, since it might be too overpowering in a larger space.
- Peacock blue: Peacock blue is another bold, vibrant paint color that can work well in smaller rooms. Choosing something on the blue and green spectrum will add a soothing quality.
- Dark teal: Some homeowners are hesitant to paint their walls a dark shade, but when paired with light trim and metallic accent pieces, dark teal walls actually create an illusion of depth.
- Warm golden shades: Of course, you don’t have to go dark to make your room look bigger. Warm golden shades will make your small space seem cozy. Opt for light yellows—especially for kids’ rooms—to create a sunny effect, or choose a rich pale gold to make your home seem more opulent.
- Gunmetal gray: Shades of gray have been all the interior decorating rage for a while now, and you have plenty to choose from. Gunmetal gray is particularly modern and chic—and it’s great for small spaces.
- Anything-but-boring beige: Beige doesn’t have to be boring, but it is a great paint color for highlighting other aspects of your décor. Let the wall color fade into the background and make your accessories pop. It’s subtle, but can be more effective than plain white walls.
- Coffee: If you want your room to scream “rich” and “elegant,” try a coffee brown accent wall. This will direct the eye toward the smaller, darker area and make the rest of your room look larger as a result. Pair with lighter trim and décor to make it stand out.
- Bright white: To make the most of your natural light, bright white walls might just do the trick. They’ll reflect more of the sunlight and make your room seem bigger as a result. It’s also good if you love constantly changing your furniture and accessories.
- Blush: If stark white, pale yellows and light grays aren’t for you, try painting your room in a soft blush. It’s welcoming and cozy without being overwhelming.
- Sage green: For a soothing, spacious room, try painting your walls sage green. You’ll be surprised at how versatile this color choice is with a variety of furniture and drapery.
To find the right paint to make a room look larger in Pensacola, FL, call Fresh Start Painting Inc.
Categorised in: Painting