Five Paint Projects Guaranteed to Give Your Home a Fresh Look in the New Year!
The start of a new year is the perfect time to change something in your life for the better. This year, instead of making a stereotypical resolution, you can opt to update your home—and there are many ways to do this. For example, you can resolve to paint the interior or exterior surfaces of your house. Painting is one of the most affordable and simplest home renovation projects for homeowners, whether you do it yourself or hire a professional painter in Pensacola, FL to complete the job. You could start small—like updating an accent wall—or go all in by repainting all of your interior walls.
Before choosing paint colors, you need to know what you want to paint. Here are five of the top home painting projects to pursue in the new year:
- Kitchen walls: Just like the other walls in your home, your kitchen walls deserve to be attractive. If you’re not convinced, consider the fact that you see your kitchen every morning. Being in the kitchen should make you feel happy and okay about starting another new day. When choosing a paint color for the kitchen, go for something warm and refreshing, but that also flows with the rest of your home.
- Accent walls: Adding an accent wall is a small project that can make a huge impact in any space in your home—you only have to paint one wall. Basically, an accent wall creates a focal point in the room. It’s the wall your guests’ eyes will be drawn to right away, so choose a color wisely. You need a color that complements the existing or soon-to-be color scheme, so get paint swatches and start matching!
- Less-used spaces: While many homeowners tend to repaint common areas like the living room and dining room—the shared spaces they use the most—we mustn’t forget our less-used rooms. This includes guest rooms, extra bathrooms, weekend home offices and even closet spaces. It’s amazing how a new paint job can liven up a lonely room. Choose gray and blue hues to feel relaxed, or whites or other light shades to open up a space.
- Cover up hallway blemishes: The wall paint in high-traffic areas like hallways and children’s play rooms tend to be riddled with scuff marks, scratches and peeling paint. Such damage can make a space look dated and unkempt. When you decide to paint a high-traffic area, choose a type of paint that’s made to hold strong against people and pets.
- Add pops of color: You can paint your walls one color and then incorporate colorful decorative pieces into rooms, but another thing you can do is add pops of color in paint. Paint an interior door a bold color (like red or orange), give plain cabinets an eye-catching update or paint wall or floor molding something different from the color of the walls.
If you are looking for a professional interior or exterior house painter in Pensacola, FL, look no further than Fresh Start Painting Inc. Call us today for more information!
Categorised in: Painting