Power washing your home can make a dramatic difference in its appearance, especially if it hasn’t been cleaned properly in years. You might wonder if purchasing a power washer (or hiring someone to do it for you) is worth the money—the answer is a resounding “yes.” In addition to increasing your curb appeal, power washing your home should be part of your regular exterior home care in Pensacola, FL.
Here are the top reasons why you should consider power washing to protect your investment:
- Save money: Power washing saves you money on exterior maintenance over the long term. Your home’s exterior will look newer for a longer time, and it’s a lot cheaper than repainting or replacing the vinyl siding on your home. This preventative maintenance can keep your home looking great, and will save you time and money on repairs later.
- Prime your surfaces: If you do choose to repaint, power washing is also excellent for priming the exterior surfaces. In order to paint a home, the exterior has to be free of dust, dirt, debris and other substances that could interfere with the paint adhering properly. Power washing is a fast and effective way to achieve this goal.
- Prevent damage: Humidity wreaks havoc on your home’s exterior, especially when it comes to mold, mildew and algae. These pests can actually feed on your home’s paint and exterior to create permanent stains and damage. Power washing your home regularly ensures that even if some new growth occurs, it won’t stay on there long enough to do any permanent damage.
- Protect your health: Speaking of mold and mildew, many people are allergic to both, in addition to seasonal allergies that plague us through the spring and summer. Power washing gets rid of toxic mold as well as allergens like pollen, which stick to your home’s exterior and can trigger an allergy attack.
- Environmentally friendly: Power washing is a safe and environmentally-friendly way to clean—often, all you need is water, rather than harsh soaps and chemicals.
- Increase your curb appeal and property value: If you’re buying a home and have a choice between a clean, cheerful home versus a dirty one that needs work, all other things being equal, wouldn’t you choose the clean one? Buyers want homes that don’t come with their very own “to-do” list, so if it comes down to a choice between a well-maintained exterior and one that requires help, they’ll almost always pick the maintained version. It will also help you get the most out of your investment.
- Save cleaning time: Washing your home off is a painstaking and time-consuming task, unless you have a power washer. The pressurized water is excellent for taking dirt, mold, mildew and other grime off the surface. It gets the job done in a fraction of the time that it would take if you had to scrub the entire exterior by hand.
For home power washing services in Pensacola, FL, reach out to Fresh Start Painting Inc. today.
Categorised in: Pressure Washing