Crown molding, which used to be a standard feature in home construction and interior design, has gotten a little less popular over the past few decades. Instead, homeowners are focusing on paint colors, furniture and other décor during updates. We don’t think that should be the case! Continue reading to learn why crown molding should be a part of your home in Pensacola, FL:
- Frames the room: It’s true that a bold paint color or interesting wallpaper can make a wall or room stand out. But another great way to accomplish that is with crown molding. In fact, crown molding can even make a boring beige wall look great. You just need to ensure you pick crown molding that’s the right size and design for your room.
- Adds visual interest: You might not realize it, but rooms with crown molding are a whole lot more interesting than ones without! Whether you have a unique recessed ceiling or standard walls and a regular ceiling, adding crown molding throughout the space can make the room “pop.” You can even add crown molding to a fireplace or kitchen counters to add a bit more flare.
- Enhances resale value: Another reason why crown molding should be a part of your home in Pensacola, FL is that it adds value to your home. This is due to the fact that the crown molding gives your home a more elegant and unique appearance. So instead of updating the flooring or upgrading your kitchen, consider adding crown molding to make your home worth more.
Should I add crown molding myself?
A dedicated DIY-er can install crown molding by themselves. However, we don’t necessarily recommend it. These are a few of the leading reasons to hire a professional to add your crown molding:
- Results: Just like with any home improvement project, the pros always do a better job. Professional crown molding installers have years of experience and all of the right tools to deliver beautiful results—much better than anything you could do on your own. Additionally, professionals can do more intricate and elegant designs than the average DIY-er.
- Time: Chances are, you have better things to do with your nights and weekends than add crown molding! Instead of wasting your time with this laborious task, just hire the pros. A crew of professionals can complete a crown molding project in as little as a few hours. This task would likely take you at least a full day to finish up.
- Money: The total cost of the project will depend on the size and number of rooms as well as the type of molding. However, hiring a professional may actually cost less than doing the job yourself. This is because pros get materials cheaper and already have all the necessary tools, which can be expensive to rent or purchase.
Now that you know why crown molding should be a part of your home in Pensacola, FL, it’s time to have it installed! We specialize in crown molding installation at Fresh Start Painting Inc. Give us a call today to get an estimate for your project.
Categorised in: Painting