Paint Ideas to Make Your Mantel Pop
Most mantels form the focal point of the room. To make this piece really pop, it’s important to choose the right paint and décor. With a good color scheme and the right accents, you can transform your manel from blah to beautiful in no time. Use the following tips from your local painting contractor to create a magazine-worthy mantel.
- Try a layered look: Match your mantel color to the trims and moldings in the room. This will create a layered look that adds dimension and texture to the space. Be sure to include soft lighting to accent the mantel area and add ambiance to the room.
- Embrace existing architecture: You don’t have to complete a total renovation to create an attractive mantel. Use the existing design and work with those elements. Use decorative pieces that accentuate existing colors. Paint the mantel a color that blends well with the fireplace and makes a smooth transition to the surrounding walls.
- Mimic stone: Go for a natural look by using paint to mimic stone. Simple white or gray can create a stylish, formal setting that is attractive and inviting. Add some bold-colored accents that will really pop to complete the look.
- Go bold: If formal and muted isn’t your thing, go for an eye-catching hue that really makes your manel stand out in the room. Consider something in the red color family to make a bold statement with your fireplace and draw all eyes to your beautiful mantel.
- Blend it in: If you’d rather accentuate a color than the mantel itself, consider painting the mantel the same shade as the surrounding walls. Use a matte finish to blend everything together. If you’re not sure what color would look best wall-to-wall, consult with your local painting contractor for ideas.
- Modernize it: Many older homes feature nonfunctioning fireplaces. Not to worry, you can still use the fireplace to add style to your space. Since you won’t be lighting the hearth, paint the interior. Then use a contrasting color for the mantel and the rest of the exterior for a striking finish.
- Transform old bricks: If you’re going for a sleek, modern style, brick doesn’t always mesh well with the design. Consider painting bricks with black or another dark color paint. This diminishes the brick feel and adds a more modern, discreet feel to the fireplace.
- Enlarge with lacquer: Shiny and bright, lacquered paint can make a room feel twice its size. Use a high-gloss finish to brighten your room and draw attention to the mantel. Consult with your local painting contractor for insights on the best lacquered paint choices.
Want to transform your mantel? Fresh Start Painting Inc. can help. We bring more than two decades of expertise to every painting project. Whether you want to enhance historical aspects of your fireplace or modernize your mantel for a fresh look, our experienced professionals have the knowledge and skill to make your project a success. Contact us today to get started. Reach our team at 850-346-8319.
Categorised in: Painting