Accent walls are a fun way to add a pop of color or contrast to your walls, without committing to a whole room of color. While the concept has been around for a while, design standards and trends have changed over the years. Today, there are fewer “rules” around painting accent walls, and plenty of modern, creative ideas to make your home stand out. Depending on the atmosphere you want to create, there’s a color and technique to achieve your goals. Here’s how accent walls can change or amplify your living space in Pensacola, FL:
- Create a focal point: If you have a bold accent wall and neutral colors throughout the rest of the room, your eye will naturally be drawn to the color. You can use it to highlight a pre-existing focal point, like a gallery wall or architectural feature, or create your own. Consider whether you’ll be hanging anything on the wall and how that color might enhance or detract from the décor.
- Enhance the natural lighting: Whether your home is full of natural light or you have to make the best of a darker area, accent walls can enhance what you already have. Lighter accent walls can make a room feel airy without being blinding, while darker rooms can use a slightly lighter shade than the walls to enlarge the visual space.
- Make a small room feel larger: Similarly, smaller rooms look bigger when you add light accent walls. It’s a visual trick to make your mind think the space is larger and more open.
- Make a big room feel cozier: On the other hand, if you have a large room, you can make it feel cozier by adding a bold or warm accent wall. Darker colors make spaces look smaller, so a well-placed accent wall will contract the space and make it seem less spread out.
- Create or enhance texture: You can also add texture for visual interest. For example, if your home has a textured stone fireplace, painting that wall in a different color will make it even more of a focal point. Alternatively, you can use a paint to create texture—there are plenty of textured paints on the market, as well as stencils and other methods.
Whatever your home décor goals may be, an accent wall can help you achieve them. It’s a great way to enhance the features you love or disguise the ones you don’t. Plus, that simple pop of color can have a real effect on your mood—bright colors are energizing, cool tones are soothing and dark walls can look quite dramatic. Spend some time going through design magazines or websites to find inspiration for your next home makeover.
Once you’ve decided on how you’ll change up or amplify your living space with accent walls in Pensacola, FL, call Fresh Start Painting Inc. We can help you transform your home with our years of professional painting expertise. Reach out to us today to learn more or schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Painting