Homes are supposed to be places where people can relax, but that doesn’t mean your interior paint needs to be boring and muted. In fact, using bold interior paint can actually make you feel more at home in your surroundings, as well as boost your mood. If you think that it might be time for an updated interior paint job, keep reading for some of the biggest reasons to be bold with interior painting.
Why it’s worth it to be bold with interior paint
Here are a few of the biggest reasons to start using bold paint colors in your home’s interior:
- Visual interest: The primary reason why it’s worth it to use bold interior paint is that it creates visual interest in a home. Bold interior paint colors appeal to potential buyers and can make homeowners feel happier with their living space.
- Personality: Another reason why bold paint can be a great addition to a living space is because it gives homeowners the opportunity to express their personality through their home décor.
- The illusion of space: In small spaces, dark colors can actually create the illusion of space. Combining bold wall colors with mirrors and lighting is a great way to make a small space feel much bigger than it actually is.
How to incorporate bold paint into your home
If you’re drowning in a sea of white, gray or beige and you’re hoping to break free with some bold colors, here are some of the things you can try to incorporate more bold pigment into your home:
- Create an accent wall: One of the most common ways for homeowners to bring bold colors into their homes is by creating accent walls. An accent wall is a wall that’s painted in a bold or distinctive color to contrast with the rest of the walls in a room. Creating an accent wall is a great way to play with color on a small scale if you’re not interested in committing to a bright color throughout a room.
- Try a mural: Murals are unique works of art that can bring personality and visual interest to a room. Murals are ideal for children’s bedrooms and nurseries, since they can incorporate the animals, plants and characters kids love. A mural in a bedroom is also ideal if you want to try some bright new colors in an area your guests won’t see when they come to visit.
- Paint doors: Another great way to incorporate bold paint into your home is to paint doors with bold colors. Painting doors is a very modern trend that can make a space look more contemporary while adding personality to the room.
Professional interior painting services
At Fresh Start Painting Inc., we know how much of a difference a bold new paint job can make in a home, and we are here to help our customers achieve the best possible results from an investment in interior painting. Our team has decades of experience providing a wide range of painting services to help our customers achieve the exact results they want from their investment in interior or exterior painting. To get started with a consultation and quote, just give our team a call today!
Categorised in: Painting